Baabuk is a Swiss-based company that is run by a husband and wife with Russian origins. The slippers are descendants of the Russian Valenki shoe and were worn in Russia at the end of the 16th century to keep their feet warm from -40 degree temperatures. Handmade in Nepal.
Baabuk Light Grey Gus Slippers
These gorgeous slippers are designed to keep little feet warm and comfortable in winter. They are easy to slip on but stay firm on the foot. Available in 3 colours – dark grey, light grey and red.
A little bit of Baabuk slipper trivia
- Each pair of Baabuk slippers needs around half a kilogram of sheeps wool.
- Each shoe is felted in one piece by layering wool until desired shape is achieved.
- Recycled materials such as rubber tires or used rubber and natural rubber are utilized.
- It takes up to 3 days to finish just one pair of Baabuk wool shoes.
- All shoe work and processing is done manually and with love.